Come enjoy the best part of your vacation, and perhaps one of the best experiences you've ever had!
Day Courses at the Main Campus (Ages 6-13)
Our day courses have space for up to 10 students. On rare occasions, we add resources to accommodate 20 students. Interns and volunteers sometimes assist educators in the classroom and in the field.
Each day, we offer a morning or afternoon course. At the end of each course, every student receives a Certificate of Mastery that outlines what we accomplished.
Sea Squirts: Ocean Education for Little Ones (Ages 4-6)
Children must be bathroom independent
Sanibel Sea School is excited to offer ocean education classes for our youngest ocean explorers. Just like our classes for the big kids, we’ll have a different theme each week to explore — there will be crabbing, rock flipping, and traipsing through mangrove muck. We’re going to learn about our favorite sea creatures like dolphins and sea turtles and of course, go on field trips during each class.
Ages 6-13: $55/session
Ages 4-6: $36/session
- Refund policy: Please click here to view our Day Program Cancellation Policy.
- Click here to download a PDF of our course descriptions.
- Looking for learning opportunities the whole family can enjoy? Click here to learn more.
Please note: our course calendars are published at least one month in advance.
What to Bring to all Courses
- Sunblock (we ask that you do not bring sunblock in a spray bottle. It can get in eyes, ruin equipment and clothing, and isn't great for the environment).
- Wading shoes*
- Bug repellent
- A bag for shells or fossils, if you'd like
- Jacket if you easily get chilled in a light wind
*Flip-flops and slip-on sandals are not great shoes for wading, as they often fall off in the water. We recommend shoes that are specifically designed to get wet, with a heel and toe that fit snugly over the foot.
Don't bring disposable water bottles. Single-use disposable water bottles are a real problem for our planet. We don't allow these types of water bottles on our campuses. The islands of Sanibel and Captiva have great drinking water. We can provide you with a loaner reusable water bottle, or you can purchase one from us to help remind you of your time with us. In your day-to-day life, please find ways to reduce the use of single-use disposable water bottles.